OK, I know it may come to a surprise (sarcasm if you know me at all), but October is my favorite month. It’s the best time of the whole year, and it’s finally here!!!
Think about it– you’re fully back into your work flow after summer. You’re feeling ahead of the game and empowered. Everything is a little darker, but somehow, prettier. You can hide any and all secrets under oversized sweaters, hats, and jackets. Your true witchiness is revealed.
Here are a bunch of fall-in-Colorado pics so you can see why I’m so hype about this time of year.
I’m SO excited for October that I made a list of fall things to be grateful for!!!!
- Halloween, obv
- Pretty leaves changing colors (can you even believe that YELLOW in those pictures above?!)
- Playing in said leaves when they fall off and die
- Wearing all black and not being judged for it
- Apple/Pumpkin Picking
- Cooler (Perfect) Weather
- Sweaters & Jackets & Hats (as listed above)
- Maple flavor (or Pumpkin Spice for all you ladies with a taste for basic-ness)
- AMERICAN HORROR STORY even though it started in September this season rocks!!!
- Decorating your home with skulls and spiderwebs
- Candy Corn
- College Game Day (college football wasn’t something I enjoyed until recently but go buffs)
- Haunted Houses
- 31 Days of Halloween
- Corn Mazes
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Casting Spells on People
- Dark Nail Polish
- Cooling down your bedroom by opening a window
- Fall Hikes/Bike Rides
- Planning Halloween Costumes and Festivities
- Going outside and smelling the fall air because you know there is nothing else that smells that crisp
WHAT’S NOT TO BE GRATEFUL FOR?
Tis the best time of the year. 🙂