I’m not usually a person who talks a lot about themselves or their past. I enjoy social media because it allows me to share a beautiful highlight reel of my life while keeping a very private side of myself as well.
Whether you know me well or have met me briefly at a cheer camp somewhere in the world– I wanted to share a couple of unique traits that make me the odd ball that I’m known for being. Maybe you’ll know everything already, maybe you’ll learn something new about this weirdo girl behind kaitsexton.com.
1. Today, 02/18, is my birthday! I’m 26 years old (even though I look 16), and feel that a birthday is a perfect time to reflect on who you are as a person and celebrate your progress. Aquarius szn is the best szn.
2. I wear mostly black because a lot of my family is goth.
3. My favorite part of life is being in love with my boyfriend, Tanner. He’s my dream man– tattooed, motivated, health-conscious, and genuinely kind-hearted. He’s also hot af. We’ve been together almost 4 years.
4. I grew up in beautiful Poughkeepsie, New York. My high school experience was better than average (Arlington, Class of 2011) and I happily stayed in New York when earning my Public Relations degree at Hofstra University (Class of 2015).
5. I am not a pet person. I don’t like dogs much and am unfortunately allergic to cats. The pet thing ended for me with my cat’s death a few years ago.
6. My mom had me walking on my hands while I was learning to walk on my feet. I’ve been doing flips and splits as long as I can remember.
7. I’ve needed glasses since I was 7 years old. You’ll hardly ever see me in them– I started wearing contact lenses at 9 and don’t like wearing anything else.
8. I have 6 tattoos, 3 of which are large for a small girl. I plan to get many more!
9. My best physical assets are my nails. They’re naturally long and monster strong. I take manicures very seriously as well.
10. I have a little brother named Corey. He is 23, a lot smarter than me, and still lives back in New York with my dad!
11. I love candy, cinnamon rolls, and cake/icing. I dislike most real foods– something I hate about myself. I have always been super picky but am ~slowly~ getting better at trying new things.
12. My career is with Varsity Spirit– specifically with V!ROC, where I do both Marketing and full time Cheerleading Choreography. You can register for a V!ROC Choreography on varsity.com/vroc/register!
13. I am a VERY patient driver. The opposite of a typical New York driver, actually. I shut down and become very dramatic when I’m rushed.
14. I have moved over 15 times in my life, and have never stayed in one home longer than 3 years. I do plan on staying in Colorado forever, though!
15. I drink a cold brew coffee with skim milk and caramel swirl from Dunkin’ multiple times a week, but I don’t post about it often because I think Dunkin’s social media engagement is garbage and that they don’t deserve free marketing.
16. My parents divorced when I was 6 years old, so I grew up in those Banana Split meetings (iykyk). They married early due to being in the military and split a few years after having my brother and me.
17. My favorite color is blue. Go pride.
18. The most impressive thing I’ve ever done was throwing an all girl pike open double in the UCA partner stunt competition. My coach encouraged us to be the first to compete the skill and it looks like we’ll die the last.
19. I love to hike, camp, and adventure in nature! I also favor snowy, cold winters over being in the heat.
20. American Horror Story is my favorite show, Halloween is my favorite holiday, I prefer to dress up scary rather than funny, half of my possessions have skulls on them, I only read Edgar Allan Poe as a kid, and I think about death a lot.
21. I never learned how to hide my emotions– you can tell exactly how I’m feeling by the expression on my face. This is usually either happy/energetic or uncomfortably angry. I’ve also struggled with anger management.
22. I’ve been to 11 different countries & 3 different continents!
23. When I was young, I wanted to be an astronaut. I stopped encouraging people to follow their childhood dreams because I’m not smart enough to achieve mine.
24. I have no fear. I will try almost anything!
25. I’m 5’1″ and weigh about 106 lbs. I actually don’t weigh myself every year but that’s what I was last time I checked.
26. I fall more in love with my life each day, regardless of any problems or obstacles thrown my way. This is due to the people that surround me and the gratitude I practice constantly. I feel pretty good about where I’m at for 26 years!
I hope that if you really cared about 26 weird ksex facts that you learned something valuable and/or new. Thanks for tagging along!